For 20 years, we have been writing policies, procedures, and forms for digital forensic labs across the United States including within law enforcement, federal agencies, and corporate entities. Our policies have been used to achieve ISO 17025 accreditation, ASCLD/LAB accreditation, pass federal government audits, and meet regulatory requirements and have been downloaded over 70,000 times. Additionally, many of our policies have been tested in courtrooms and have always proven to be able to withstand scrutiny.
These policies are not only well-written and tested, but they come from practical hands-on experience. We have performed over 1,000 forensic examinations of digital evidence in cases ranging from homicide to classified national security matters. We understand how forensic labs operate and how to meet requirements while still being practical.
Beyond our years of experience, our staff has been qualified as experts in digital forensics and cybersecurity in federal and state court on numerous occasions and hold some of the most prestigious certifications in the world. Some of our certifications in digital forensics includes:
- International Association of Computer Investigative Specialists (IACIS) Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE)
- International Association of Computer Investigative Specialists (IACIS) Certified Advanced Windows Forensic Examiner (CAWFE)
- International Association of Computer Investigative Specialists (IACIS) Certified Electronic Evidence Collection Specialist (CEECS)
- Digital Forensics Certification Board (DFCB) Digital Forensic Certified Practitioner (DFCP) “Founder”
- SANS Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Certified Computer Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
- SANS Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) iOS and MacOS Examiner (GIME)
- EC-Council Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHF)
Read some of the reviews from customers who have purchased our digital forensic training and documents
Each policy takes hours to research, write, and then revise – taking precious time away from solving cases or costing tens of thousands of dollars in consulting fees. Most likely, you have a backlog of cases to examine and writing policies and procedures is toward the bottom of your to-do list. It is understandable to prioritize casework over administrative tasks like writing policy, but it is also risky.
We have seen cases where opposing counsel subpoenas a forensic lab’s policies and procedures and if the documents are lacking, or altogether missing, it typically does not result in a positive experience for the forensic analyst.
Not only do you need solid policies written, but you also need to make sure your lab follows the policies and can show evidence that you do. This is why having policies and procedures steeped in practical experience is so important.
You can purchase our documents individually or save money by purchasing the entire package of digital forensic policies, procedures, and forms. For any document(s) you purchase, you will be entitled to any update for one-year after the purchase date.
We also offer a training course on building or enhancing a digital forensic lab, which includes the entire bundle of documents as part of the course. You can register for that course here.
- Case Triage, Assignment, and Prioritization
- Complaints Regarding the Quality System
- Deviation from Policies and Procedures
- Equipment Testing and Validations
- Evidence Handling Procedures
- Physical Security and Access
- Report Writing and Documentation
- Storage of Digital Evidence and Forensic Images
- Training of Lab Personnel
- Case Disposition Status Request
- Consent to Permanently Delete Data
- Consent to Search Digital Evidence
- Contraband Acknowledgement
- Curriculum Vitae Template
- Forensic Report Template
- Forensic Services Request
- Forensic Validation Example – FTK Imager
- Incoming Evidence
- Internal Chain of Custody
- Lab Notes
- Post Mortem Analysis Checklist
- Testimony Evaluation
- Visitor Log
- Workstation Image Update
Can't say enough about this course
Really great stuff, and I only wish I’d come across this sooner. As it happens, I’m preparing my DF team for an audit of our DF lab – which includes lab management procedures. In searching for ways to structure lab management, I came across your course. Glad I did. thanks!
Exactly what I was looking for
This was exactly what I was looking for. Ironically, I’d been using a copy of Josh’s DF report for almost two years. It has always been well-received. Thank for this!
Great Course, exactly what I was looking for
I just finished the course, and really can’t say enough about it. Thanks, and I certainly look forward to future offerings.