Headquartered in the Capital Region of New York just outside of Albany, Natsar provides our customers in New York and around the world with expert services and training in the areas of cybersecurity, digital forensics, risk management, technology, and leadership. Natsar is licensed by the New York Department of State, bonded, and insured. The professionalism, real world experience, and deep technical expertise that Natsar offers to our clients is what sets us apart.
Natsar’s staff are among the best trained and most experienced within the industry. Our staff has conducted more than 1000 forensic examinations of digital evidence, testified in over 100 legal matters, led over 3,000 cyber investigations, and consulted on hundreds of engagements.
- Commander of a federal law enforcement cybercrimes task force
- Police Detective, Sergeant, and Lieutenant
- Arson Investigator
- Special Deputy US Marshal
- FBI Task Force Officer
- Director of an ASCLD/LAB accredited digital forensics laboratory
- Department of Defense Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (TS/SCI) Clearance
- Department of Energy Q/SCI Clearance
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) within the U.S. Department of Energy’s nuclear security enterprise
- Chief Information Officer (CIO) within the U.S. Department of Energy’s nuclear security enterprise
- Executive Partner within the world’s largest information technology & cybersecurity research and advisory firm, serving as a trusted advisor to executives within the U.S. Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies.
- Insider Threat Program Management and Investigations
- Cyber Incident Response and Breach Remediation
- Ransomware Investigations
- Forensic Lab Design
- Cybersecurity Assessments, Audits, and Readiness Inspections
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Master’s Degree in Information Security and Assurance
- Certified Advanced Windows Forensic Examiner (CAWFE)
- Certified Electronic Evidence Collection Specialist (CEECS)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)
- Certified Network Defense Architect (CNDA)
- Digital Forensic Certified Practitioner (DFCP)
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
WHAT’S IN A NAME?
The word Natsar is a Hebrew word commonly found in the Old Testament that translates to the following: to watch over, to guard with fidelity, to preserve, to keep secret, a watchman. These words describe Natsar perfectly – a company dedicated to teaching our clients about data privacy, information security, digital security, and evidence preservation.
Our logo was designed to reflect these truths. The main part of the logo is a shield, representing the protection we help our clients provide and the top, like an old watchtower – signifying Natsar’s focus on guarding organizations and their data. The slanted letter N for Natsar separates the logo. The colors originate from the state of New York flag.